Replace Your Missing Teeth with Dental Implant Procedure
Your teeth had been designed to last for a lifetime, but very often they don’t. Replacing your missing teeth is extremely important to your general health and dental health. There are several options when it comes to replacing missing or damaged teeth and one of those options is dental implant. They will improve your ability to bite and chew food properly as well as restore your beautiful smile. Read on to know why dental implant is considered to be a suitable option for replacing your missing teeth.
- Look and feel of natural teeth – Dental implant gives you the look, feel and function of your natural teeth. Your dental surgeon will work together with you to create customised teeth that will match with the colour of your surrounding teeth and fit perfectly in the gap. Besides that, implants give you the confidence to eat, smile and engage in different social activities without worrying about how you will look in case your artificial teeth fall out.
- Improve your overall appearance – If you have a missing tooth, then this may bring lots of emotional stress to your mind and body. People who have missing teeth might experience a slow collapse in their lips and cheeks. With dental implants, you can solve the problem by replacing the missing tooth with an artificial one. This will not only improve your appearance but also boost your confidence level. So, if you do not have sufficient bone, then your facial muscles will not provide support for maintaining the present structure.
- Easy to maintain properly – Dental implants do not require the purchasing special products for cleaning or taking care of them. There is no need for cleansing tablets, cups, adhesive, or special flossers. You just need to brush and floss properly like you would for the natural teeth.
- Prevent bone loss – When you lose a tooth, the jawbone in the empty space deteriorates due to proper stimulation. If no implant is placed in the first year of losing a tooth, then the bone area loses almost 25% of its volume. It will only get worse with the years. Dental implants are the only option for tooth replacement that also replaces jaw bone stimulation thus, helping to prevent bone loss.
- Improve your digestion – Chewing your food properly is important for better digestion.
- Avoid premature aging and facial sagging – Facial sagging is an unwanted effect of bone loss that results due to missing teeth. This is where the lower third of the face begins to collapse by closing the distance between the chin and the tip of your nose. Some changes may include – thinning lips, excess wrinkles around the mouth and pointed chin that make you look older than your current age.
Dental implant is said to be a permanent solution for your tooth loss. Other options for tooth replacement are you need to repair or replace periodically, however implants are meant to last for a lifetime. So, if you are looking for a tooth replacement option, then you need to consider dental implants in Harley Street. You may talk to your dentist and know if you are the right candidate for performing the procedure. Thus, you can replace your missing teeth with artificial ones that will look and appear like natural teeth.